Saturday, Oct 24, 2020
7:00 am - 11:30 am
Field Trip Leader: David Shoch
Note: We are very sorry but this trip is full. You can still sign up for the waitlist on eventbrite. People on the waitlist will be notified automatically if a person cancels and it will be by order of registration. Rain or shine.
Trip restricted to a maximum of 10 participants + 1 leader. We will all meet Saturday, October 24th at the Walmart parking lot on 29 at 7 am and then caravan (*not carpool*) to the site from there. Expect that there may be some mud and shallow water to traverse – knee or calf-high muck boots are recommended. The trip will also include going through some fairly dense vegetation in places. Sparrow diversity should be excellent – on October 6th there were Lincoln’s, Swamp, *Nelson’s*, Song, White-throated, and White-crowned. We expect to be birding from 7:30 to 11 or 11:30.
Due to COVID, sign-up is required and limited to 10 participants. We will be giving first spots to members that didn’t get to go last year. If you want to participate again, please let us know that you went last year and we will put you on a separate list if the field trip doesn’t fill.
Participants will need to agree to these guidelines:
- Piedmont Virginia Bird Club Members Only
- I will not attend the field trip if I am feeling unwell.
- I will sign up for field trips by registering on EventBrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bentivar-marsh-field-trip-tickets-124754334573. If I show up without a reservation, I understand that I will be turned away.
- I will only carpool with members of my household.
- I agree to wear a face-covering (appropriately, no neck gaiters) at all times while on the field trip to protect myself, the trip leader, and other participants. The covering must cover both the mouth and nose.
- I agree not to share binoculars, scopes, cameras, food, bug spray, or other personal products. (The club will not be able to loan out club binoculars on these trips.)
- I agree to maintain at least 10 feet of separation from other participants outside of my household.
Failure to follow these rules will lead to you being asked to leave the field trip. We encourage everyone to bring hand sanitizer as well.